© 2020 London Britain Township

Check Facebook for the latest updates during storms and for scheduled roadwork information


Payments are required at the time of application, permit approval and at the time of c/o (certificate of occupancy). A Contractor License and Proof of Insurance is required for all Contractors and Sub-Contractors working within the Township. If you have a PA Contractor License, a PA State License number will need to be provided for each permit along with proof of insurance.


Zoning permits are required with most building permits and also with fences, signs and patios.


Zoning Officer

Dave Gargula

(302) 218 7173



See attached


Building Permits are required for new additions and the replacement of the principal and accessory structure(s). Including work on decks, sheds, garages, barns, patios, carports, hot tubs and pools - in and above ground. This permit is also required for electrical work, demolition, fireplace and chimneys, HVAC, generators, roof and ground solar installs and interior renovations.

Building Inspector

John Coldiron

(610) 587 9950


See attached


A Special Event Permit is required for any special event with an expected attendance of 50 or more individuals as a group at any given time on a private property. 

Religious activities conducted on private property do not require a permit if the expected attendance is less than 100 persons with a duration of less than three hours.

Yard sales with an expected attendance of 50 people or less at any given time do not require a permit.


The Solicitation Ordinance makes it unlawful for any person, not exempted by Section 6 of the Solicitation Ordinance, who is not a holder of a valid and unexpired Solicitation Ordinance to engage in selling, purchasing, or soliciting the sale or purchase of food, printed matter, services, goods, wares or merchandise of any description, or in soliciting contributions, gifts or pledges or money or any other thing of value, by visitation to private homes or residences, business establishments, or on public streets or highways within the legal boundaries of the Township of London Britain.